Monday, June 9, 2008

Unfinished Yard = Fun for Boys


No, we still don't have our backyard finished. Most is a slope in it's "natural" state. We have a new addition to our backyard, however. Jason actually bought a trampoline.It's purpose is to entertain the boys long enough to give Jason some time to work on a deck and playfort. I thought he would never do it since treating kids with trampoline injuries in residency, but we are pretty convinced this one is pretty safe.

Ryan and Parker were thrilled to "help" put it together and I think Ryan is actually getting old enough to be a big help with these little projects! Jason is such a patient dad to let them be his builder assistants! Makes me love him all the more!
I'm not positive, but I think Parker was pretty excited to have a trampoline in HIS backyard!



Nathan watched from inside and wished we would let him out to join the fun! Notice he's still in his PJ's...notice I'm not in any pictures since I was most likely ALSO in my PJ's!!!


Ryan stuck around to help until the very end and Jason was impressed with how easy it was to put together. It took awhile, but nothing too difficult!
Parker reappeared just in time for the test run. We told them to jump all over and try to bang into the sides, etc. Now they can jump to their hearts content! (And burn a little energy while they're at it!) Bedtime was precious that night!

9 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about the volume of injuries the guys see from trampolines. We, too, have one, though. The kids sure love it. Especially on a hot day with a sprinkler underneath. Your boys looked SO excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sprinkler is REALLY fun. Our neighbors behind us have a net around their's and they put those "ball-pit" balls on there and jump - so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - you got one of those funky ultra safe ones... I saw those online when we were considering which one we were going to buy. Does it bounce well?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it does bounce very well. We have the oblong one and it seems to bounce as well or better than the large circle. Both boys are already doing flips! I'm trying not to be a freak-out "afraid of all things dangerous" mom! They have all sorts of safety facts on their website: http://www.springfreetrampoline.com We just bought it at a local rainbow playground equipment store, although I've heard it was available through Costco as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I clicked on your blog today and....what?! No chicken pot pie :)
    Love your updates!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rick has seen his share of "tramp accidents", too. Yet, we still managed to have one. A few things my kids will not do however include: longboarding--especially without a helmet, especially on the hills by the Provo temple. And sledding, especially on the hills by the Provo Temple. Too many accidents (deaths!).
    We got rid of the trampoline when we left Mississippi. I am really interested in the type that you have. Keep us informed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooops, Rick used the computer last, that would really be me--Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha Rachel, don't tell me I added the pot pie recipe and you didn't even check back soon enough before it bumped to the next page? I added it just for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We've got one too - we get more injuries playing basketball and wrestling with Daddy than on the trampoline. :-)

    ReplyDelete