Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Quiet??????

We had some new neighbors move into the last empty house on the street this week. We haven't had a chance to meet them yet, but I guess some of our other neighbors did. Just a couple of days ago we found out that the word on the street is that we are the "quiet ones." At first I thought, "We are not! I'm very talkative to the neighbors." I have to admit I was a little defensive about it. But then I got to thinking....

WE are the QUIET ones? Cool! We are the QUIET ones!!!! In all my days as a mother never once did I ever think people would think of us as quiet! hahaha!!! We have 3 boys and if anyone is going to list my family as quiet, then I'm going to take it as a compliment. Not to mention that it will free up my day of quieting down my kids. Anyone who really know my boys knows they are loud talkers, love to make up silly sound effects, and are pretty much generally noisy. Well, that's what I thought! Guess I was wrong!

So now that school it out and the boys are going to be outside playing a lot, it's so great to know that we can all enjoy a nice relaxing and QUIET summer vacation!

5 comments:

  1. Ha, ha, ha! Definitely! Nice and calm around there, too, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is funny. It's funny that you took defense to it at first too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I think about you it is definately as a quiet introvert.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute blog Julie! Your three boys are so cute and love to give opinions in Primary haha. Little Nathan... it has been so fun watching him grow from an infant to a one year old!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a good one. I found your blog through a comment you left on Mimi's. Hope you don't mind that I added you to my list of blogs on my blog. Blog...blog...blog. Fun to read up on you all. I would absolutely take it as a compliment if I were you!

    ReplyDelete